Recently, I have been thinking about what is a better solution for your skin. Is it rose water or toner? Rose waters and toners are skincare products that could help you achieve a clean skin and removes any traces of dirt. On the other hand, some rose waters and toners that are available today have added chemicals that could change the PH balance of the skin and lead to skin issues. So, where’s the truth?
Benefits of Rose Water
• It can treat skin conditions.
Rose water can reduce redness and irritation as it has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is useful in soothing rosacea skin condition, which causes red bumps, facial redness, and visible blood vessels. Rose Water acts as a natural skincare product for acne, eczema, psoriasis, and dry, flaky skin. Moreover, it is safe for sensitive skin, which causes a soothing effect.
• Rose water has anti-aging properties.
Rose water is a great moisturizer and has vitamins A and C, which have anti-aging properties as they help undo and prevent damage to the skin that results from oxidation. Rose water also helps reduce hyperpigmentation and minimize the formation of fine lines and stretch marks. It also minimizes issues like skin peeling as a result of cell turnover.
• The rose water has antioxidants that heal the skin.
Rose water is high in antioxidants that help prevent the skin from getting damage from free radicals. The petal extracts could protect the fibroblast cells against peroxide-induced skin damage and suppress the reaction of the cells to stressors.
Why is Rose Water better than Toner
Have you decided yet? Rose water or toner? Rose water is natural, and it helps maintain an optimum skin PH, unlike other toners that could offset the skin PH leading to skin issues. Rose water, moreover, poses astringent properties that help clean the skin pores, which further tones the skin, and regular use could help clear skin issues such as whiteheads, pimples, and acne. The lingering aroma left behind by rose water toners could help uplift your mood. Moreover, chemical toners might dry out the skin leading to more acne breakouts.
How to Choose the Right Rose Water Ingredients
When making your Rose water at home, you could choose petals that have grown without the use of fertilizers as they are more natural. These homegrown have natural ingredients that help tone your skin. When buying Rose water look for ingredients such as Vitamins A and C as they have anti-aging properties. Go for Rose water products that have a moisturizing effect and those with anti-acne products such as Hydroxyl acids. If you are looking for the highest-quality Rose water try one of my favorite – Bulgarian Rosa Damascena.
When And How to Use Rose Water
You would use Rose water two times a day when you are freshening up for the day and after removing the make-up at night.
• Apply Rose water on the face after your cleaning routine. Using a cotton ball to apply the Rose water on the face, you can saturate the cotton ball with the Rose water and gently dab on the face, neck, and chin.
• You could make the body spray using the Rose water, and you can pour the Rose Water in a spray bottle, spritz on the areas of the skin that you need to keep fresh. Should be careful not to spray on the clothes as the toner can stain your fabrics.
• You add moisturizers cream when making the Rose water toners at home as the moisturizers can add more benefits to your homemade product.
• When using Rose water to treat acne, insert clean cotton in the bottle of Rose water until it saturated and dab on the areas that are prone to acne. Rose water can reduce inflammation and redness on the areas that are prone to acne.
• You can add the Rose to the face mask as it enhances it with a natural aroma. It enriches the face mask with anti-inflammatory ingredients and also helps firm the skin.
Rose water is a better toner as it is natural and is loaded with bio active components that promote healthy skin. It has both vitamins A and C, which have anti-aging properties, the natural toner can act as a moisturizer for the skin. Rose water, moreover, is natural and does not offset the skin PH and thus does not result in skin dryness. Rose water should be a must have when it comes to skin care routines.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read affiliate disclosure for more info.